Friday, December 30, 2011

Alrighty Then... We've Got A Blog!

So, I've summoned up some Jim Carrey attitude, got one of my BFFs on board, and well...started writing a teaching blog :)  If you know me, you know I always have SOMETHING to say about school or some idea I'm trying to implement on my second graders while trying to make it so fun and exciting they hardly notice :)  I wanted to start this blog because I would get to work with the incredibly techie and brilliant Beth Wright and I thought it could turn into a great place for amazing teachers to share their ideas and passion about the teaching profession!

Now, a little about me... I've wanted to be a teacher since I was five years old and would boss around my younger brother and sister to make sure they could "follow directions" :)  I married my best friend, Brian, five years ago and we have two "dog babies"; Mikka and Chloe.  This is my 6th year teaching and I've been able to teach kindergarten, first, second, and spend a wonderful year as a Literacy Coach.  I know this may sound totally cheesy, but I LOVE my job!  I'm so excited every day to get up and start a new day with my class and watch the lightbulbs go on over their heads :)  Now some random stuff, besides teaching and reading teaching blogs, I love to read (The Hunger Games is my current fave), stalk Pinterest, scrapbook, and spend time with my big Italian family that I adore :)

Hopefully, I can tempt you to come back and check out more of our ideas, freebies, projects, and occasional rants :)  Thanks for stopping by! :)

3 comments:

YearntoLearn said...

So glad you popped by my blog. You have the cutest blog and are off to a great start. I'm one of your newest followers.


Yearn to Learn Blog

Tarra Mackelson said...

Great work on the blog ladies!

Danielle said...

Lisa,I am so supper excited that you started a blog! I always loved your classroom. You rock. :)

Post a Comment